Fire at Cook’s Buildings

DUNDEE COURIER SATURDAY 15TH DECEMBER 1928

DUNFERMLINE MAN’S PREDICAMENT

BEDCLOTHES ON FIRE

An alarming outbreak of fire took place last night at Dunfermline, a man being badly burned through his bed becoming alight.

The scene of the fire was Cook’s Buildings, Cairneyhill, and the man concerned was James Marshall, a painter, who resided in one of the top flats of the building.

Marshall, who is between 45 and 50 years of age, had been confined to bed for two years. The family were in the kitchen, and on opening the door of the room where Marshall lay discovered that the bed was alight.

Constable Norman Fraser, Cairneyhill, with the assistance of a neighbour, Mrs Davidson, and her daughter, promptly removed Marshall from bed and extinguished his burning clothing. They threw the burning bedclothes outside.

Apart from the bed, little damage was done by the outbreak.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: